Commercial Shade Sails and Structures for Playgrounds
Commercial Outdoor Shade Structures for Playgrounds
Playgrounds offer a naturally exciting place for children to play and adults to gather. In today's world, playground sun shade structures are critical, helping to protect children and play equipment from the harmful effects of the sun. Whether it's at a neighborhood park, elementary school, or faith-based center, our shade sail structures can provide functional shade and vibrant aesthetics to cover virtually any playground.
Whether your playground is in the planning stages or already serving the community, contact us today to request a free quote or check out the range of locations that we serve. Our commercial playground shade structures can add the perfect finishing touch to any location.
Jump to a specific section:
- Keep Visitors Cool with Playground Shade
- Benefits of Shade Structures for Playgrounds
- Versatile Playground Shade Structures
- Get Your Playground Shade Structure Started
+ Read More
Adventure World Playground in North Richland Hills, Texas: This project strategically scattered bright, single post shade sails (known as the Arbor) throughout the playground to provide relief from the heat and make for a more enjoyable visit.
Keep Visitors Cool With Playground Shade Sails
When the weather heats up, keep children and family cool with playground shade. Our outdoor shade structures for playgrounds can help reduce temperatures by as much as 25°F, helping to keep seating and play surfaces cool and ultimately making the play space more comfortable for visitors.
Benefits of Playground Shade Sails
There are numerous advantages of including quality shade structures on your playground. When you choose USA SHADE, some of these benefits include:
- Blocking up to 97% of harmful UV rays.
- Safeguarding both people and playground equipment against sun and weather damage.
- Increasing airflow and comfort in the shade, providing for a more enjoyable visit.
- Providing protection for those who may be more vulnerable to UV and heat exposure, including children, individuals with disabilities, the elderly, and those on medications that make them more susceptible to sunburns and overheating.
Versatile Playground Shade Structures
Your playground has its own distinctive elements. Allow us to help you explore the many ways outdoor shade structures can elevate the architectural and functional merits of the site. We're known for our superior fabric structure design and technology because our company has spent a quarter of a century boosting the aesthetics and charm of outside gathering spots.
While we have the capabilities to customize playground shade sails, a few types that are particularly appealing in kids' play areas include:
- Hip shade structures: The clean lines of the hip shade structure make it well-suited to blend effortlessly into any playground design. Like all our shade solutions, a hip shade can come in a variety of sizes, which will allow you to easily generate your desired appearance.
- Multi-panel shade structures: Featuring highly unusual elements, eye-catching multi-panel shade structures are constructed to serve multiple purposes. If your playground includes many-tiered or complex elements, multi-panel shade structures may be the right fit.
- Polygon shade structures: Joined together or separately positioned, our vast array of polygon shade structures will allow you to personalize the character of your playground project. Add several sun-safe spots for kids and visitors to cool off.
- Shade sail structures: The aquatic touch of our shade sail structures promotes a sense of sophistication and visual interest in a playground. Shade sail solutions can be installed in different heights, allowing you to accommodate all your playground structures from castles to slides.
- Single post shade structures: Looking for simplified ways to provide shady areas for your playground? Single post shade structures are classic answers, often used for lifeguard stands and theme parks.
- Canopy shade structures: Need to cover a smaller stretch with a playground shade structure? Consider a canopy shade structure. Typically modest in size, playground canopy shade structures exude a nature-friendly ambiance suitable for urban and rural playgrounds.
- Custom shade structures: Who says shade solutions can't be whimsical? Many playground architects appreciate being able to add shade structures in the shape of butterflies and flowers. Children of all ages find these shades unforgettable!
Janice Stahly Elementary School in McKinney, Texas: This Super Span Structure is a popular choice for getting the most shade over a large playground. USA SHADE designs and manufactures a wide range of shade solutions for commercial playgrounds across the country.
How We Work With PTAs and HOAs
Choosing school playground structures often falls on the parent-teacher association (PTA). In neighborhoods, the responsibility for choosing and setting up playground shade structures typically goes to the homeowners association (HOA).
USA SHADE works directly with PTAs and HOAs to provide shade structures that meet your organization's needs. We'll help you choose a structure that fits your:
- Budget: The budget for a playground shade structure can vary considerably based on the available funding. HOAs often use money raised through maintenance fees to cover costs. They may also need to consider charging homeowners a special assessment to cover the costs. PTAs have multiple options for coming up with the funds to pay for a new shade structure, such as organizing a special fundraiser or asking other parents to contribute.
- Location: We'll evaluate the location of the playground and make recommendations based on what we believe will best meet your needs.
- Design specifications: We'll work with you to design a structure that looks great while meeting your custom needs, whatever they are. Depending on the bylaws of your HOA, shade structures may need to meet specific design requirements for approval. PTAs may also have specifications based on the existing playground equipment.
- Safety concerns: Safety is an ongoing concern on the playground. We'll work with you to design a structure that protects people from the sun while ensuring the rest of the equipment is safe to use.
Get Your Playground Shade Structure Started
Our playground shade structures will provide you with the opportunity to give your young and mature patrons safer, more comfortable ways to enjoy the outdoors. Plus, they can be manufactured in a range of colors to bring brightness and joy to any gathering place.
What type of sun shade sails for playgrounds will be right for you? The best way to decide is by contacting USA SHADE and Fabric Structures to start the conversation. We welcome the opportunity to work with you and turn your playground design dreams into reality.